Slide Bolt Assembly with Spring & thumb screw

A quick learner from Michigan - Detroit Metro area says:
I ordered 25 of your 91-179 Slide Bolt Assembly and they are too long for my storms. Do you (1) have anything similar but smaller to match my specs? (2) know of anyone else who might carry this part? and, (3) can I modify this part to work for me.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220502_205145521.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220502_212011252.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't have a smaller version of the 91-179. I also don't know who may still have this. Storm windows in general have been dying off for decades now and replacement parts are getting harder and harder to get a hold of. That's just the reality of the industry right now, unfortunately. What you have here may be a collector's item. 

Your best bet may be to cut the 91-179 to size, but even that's not a guarantee. Just note that any products altered in that way cannot be returned for a refund.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.