Slider ID

A quick learner from USA says:
28 3/4? long (steel to steel) x 3/8? x 3/8? markings say 288 then a small 5. Spring and pulleys system.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmm..We think the balance you are showing us has been discontinued. Do you happen to have a balance with the ends still intact? If so, could you upload some photos for us to view? We'd like to be sure that this balance is in fact discontinued and start the process of searching for some alternatives.
A quick learner says:
The pictures show the slider "Intact," the house also has aluminum sliders that look the same.
Profile picture of Paul
Oh, I see. I've really never seen this before, then. Would it be possible to see a picture of the window, and where these balances install? I'm at a loss for this one.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for helping me on this Paul. Let me know if you need more pics.
Channel Balance
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks! These new photos are a huge help. I've come up with a replacement window balance system that I think could work for your window, but it would have to be specially made. It would be our S900-29 3/8" tube spiral balance with a 15-023 shoe specially attached. The width of the nylon glide is 3/4" by 1" high while the depth with the metal fork is 15/16". Please compare to your shoe and let us know if you want to go with this system. I cannot guarantee it will work, but it's the only option I've been able to come up with. Also keep in mind special order balances cannot be returned for a refund. If you are interested, though, please let me know how many you need and I can send you a special order link.
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.