Slider door - Conversion to keyed lock

A contractor from Seattle says:
Howdy. I have a currently un-keyed Sash Industries PT. 1963 slider door handle set on my patio door. I would like to convert it to a keyed handle. The attached photos should help describe my setup. Would a Key Lock #82-310 be a good route to go? Also, is the 82-310 potentially able to be re-keyed by a locksmith to match existing exterior doors?

Thanks for your time and expertise,

Karl
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Karl. I agree, our 82-310 looks like the way to go. I'm not sure how easy it can be re-keyed, though. I think you should have the locksmith take a look at it and see what they can do.
A professional from California says:
A quick check would be to see if your current key fits into the 82-310. If it doesn't fit, there's no chance of re-keying.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.