Sliding Door Handle Assembly

A handy person from San Ramon, CA says:
Do you carry anything that would work in this style of an assembly? It is a 3 15/16" size.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7199.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a surface-mounted handle set. We only carry one surface-mounted set with a 3-15/16" hole spacing, and that would be our 82-261C. Look this product over and let me know if this would be sufficient for your door.

A handy person from San Ramon, CA says:
Thanks for your response. The lock assembly you provided may work. Can you tell me first what the red circled part is for in the assembly and is it something I have the ability to remove? I tried something similar to this and this piece seemed to be in the way. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's just something that helps stabilize the lock when you flip the lever. I'm not sure why that would get in the way. You can't remove it, but you shouldn't have to. The 82-261C comes with its own keeper so you wouldn't really notice the difference.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.