Sliding Door Handle Needed

A home owner from Wilmette, IL says:
I have a broken Ascorn DorWAL sliding door handle. The distance between screw holes is 3 1/2 inches & the mounting plate is 5 5/8 inches tall. It is keyless. Do you have a replacement handle?
Frank Zimmerman
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3347.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3349.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

May we see a photo of the complete handle set to identify it and see what replacements can be offered to you?

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I am sorry you're having trouble uploading proper photos to us. Without seeing the actual handle set, we can not recommend a proper replacement. You can try to upload photos to our email address, help@swisco.com. Just be sure to place your reference number somewhere on the email, D138047. 

In the meantime, you can take a look at the various handle sets we offer here

Every time I try to upload photo of the handle itself the system blacks out the image portion. I will try a different shot. It produces the same result. Where do we go from here
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3345 2.jpg
Upload take 3
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3346.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Looks like an old Acorn lock set. See our 82-055, I think this may be what you're looking for.

Does it come in white?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If you have an Acorn door and if the hole spacing is 3-1/2", then there is an extremely good chance that the 82-055 is what you want. The issue is that Acorn hasn't been making doors for a long time so this is pretty much the only handle like this around. I think it will work for you, but it is not available in white. If it doesn't work, you can return it for a refund, but I don't think we'll be able to find anything better. 

It is definitely an Acorn DorWAL handle which was installed in 2000. The door frame thickness is 1 1/2 inches.
Does this information confirm the suitability of the 82-055 replacement you are recommending?
Will the existing latch inside the frame be compatible with the 82-055 to make installation easier or will that have to be replaced as well ? If that is the case, can the handle be purchased separately?
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.