Sliding Door Keyed Lock

A home owner from New Jersey says:
I have an andersen slider and was looking to replace it with a keyed handle. Would this style work? Also what other pieces would I need to order? I would appreciate any information as I am looking to order this week. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190609_235431.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190609_235417.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190609_235353.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. See our 82-086. I think this would work better for you; just look over the dimensions to confirm they match. I'm a little curious about your door in general. You say its an Andersen door, but the handle set and mortise lock (our 82-226) are non-Andersen hardware. The keeper, however, is an Andersen keeper. This is a wood door, and such keepers don't go on wood doors, so I am assuming this must have been a past repair. Just keep this in mind if you've ever found the interaction between the mortise lock and the keeper to be a bit odd; although if it's worked all this time I am guessing it might be operating fine. 

A home owner from New Jersey says:
I appreciate the response, I just purchased the house a few months ago so it definitely could be a replacement handle. The keeper actually busted which is why I want to replace the whole thing. What part number would I need to replace the keeper with the handle you recommended?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see. Well, the 89-020 and 89-021 are keepers commonly used with your door's mortise lock (our 82-226). Installing them may be a bit tricky though, due to how your current keeper is recessed in the door frame. You may have to dremel out some space to install one of ours so it doesn't stick out. It also might work fine, I can't say for sure. Look over the dimensions of both keepers I recommended and see if you think one might be a better bet than the other. I personally think this is worth the trouble so you're working with properly compatible hardware going forward. Just understand that there may be some risk involved. Let us know how you make out. 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.