Sliding Door Roller Replacement Help

Handy Person from Washington State
May 20, 2024 2:49 am

Hello,

It looks like you are experts, and I'd like your help to find replacements for these old wheels for a heavy glass sliding patio door from 1986. I would need two of them. The dimensions I recorded:

- Wheel is 1/4 inch wide, and was 1.25inches in diameter.

- Wheel center point is 1/2inch from the edge.

- Housing is 2 1/4 wide x 1 1/4 tall, and 3/4 inch wide.

- Housing is 2 1/2 at widest point where the notch is.

- There are metal rivets on the the sides of the housing, and the width there

is 7/8 inch

If you could recommend a part that will work, I would appreciate it. I can't find any brand labels anywhere. My mom is 76 and has arthritis, and the door is really hard for her to open. Searching your site, I think it may be this one, what do you think? 81-269

Thanks. - S

SlidingDoorRollers
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 20, 2024 12:33 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us! It does appear that the 81-269 Lupton Roller Assembly is closest in design to your existing single wheel assembly. To confirm that this the correct replacement for your rollers, you'll need to be sure to double check and compare the dimension. Take a look over the diagram below for reference.

Alternate image for 81-269
Alternate image for 81-269

Handy Person from Washington State
May 20, 2024 12:59 pm
I think they are close enough where I will try to buy a pair from you, and test them out. Thank you for your response!
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 20, 2024 2:09 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm happy to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other hardware repair questions you might have.

Have a great day!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts