Sliding Door Rollers

A quick learner from Cincinnati, Ohio says:
Hello,
I have rollers that are exactly like your 81-030 units, but have 1" wheels vs. your 1-1/4" wheels. Do you think your units will work for me, or do you have these with 1" wheels?
Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Would our 81-138 be closer? Look it over and let me know what you think.

Hi Tom,
I actually tried that model, and although it did fit well enough, it doesn't slide much better. The door and track are in very good shape, so I'm not sure why it doesn't slide very well.
Dave
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure why you're having issues with the diameter of the wheel. The issue I think would be getting the larger wheel clearing the track to get the door back onto the track. You say that the door is not sliding properly. What exactly is the issue? Is it hanging up at certain points or does it seem like the wheel simply isn't turning, or something else? Do you think if you were to lubricate the track would that help with the operation of the roller? You can try using a silicone spray or a lubricating stick like the 75-077.

Hi Dave, Sr.,

I was hoping the wheels might make the difference since I replaced the rollers with new ones that were a little bigger (got the door back on okay) and there was very little change in the sliding ease. The wheels seem to be rolling fine, and I have siliconed the track and wheels, with no improvement.

We bought this condo last year with the hard-to-slide door already as-is, so we don't know if it actually was any better previously at any time.

It is a heavy vinyl door with what appears to be tight fitting low-nap weather stripping. Maybe it is what it is .... ugh.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

In that case, it could just be that your door is just hard to operate to begin with. At the end of the day, some doors are just heavy. I suggest lubricating the track, rollers, and header where the door slides. It could also be that the weather seal is dry, so check that too.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.