Sliding Glass Door

A home owner from TX says:
Sliding glass door handle/lock jammed, when I tried to remove it the lock fell inside of the sliding glass door. I have attached a collage of the holes in the door, the handle, and the depth of the screw.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210309_173035.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't make out much from these photos. For your interior and exterior handle, can you flip them over and show me the front sides? Actually, if it is possible to mount them on the door (even temporarily) that would be a huge help. Can you also show me a photo of the hole where the mortise installed?

Here is the inside as well as the mounted handle on both sides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210311_101851.jpg
Here is the other door lock which is the same type. I'm afraid to try and take it out and have it fall in as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210311_104224.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210311_104346.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These photos are a huge help, thank you. You want our 82-218 mortise lock. I'm very confident that this will replace your original, though you should watch the video below to get an idea of how you can install it without risking it falling into the door.

Great! Thank You!
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.