Sliding Glass Door Keeper

A home owner from Tampa, Florida says:
I need several replacement door keepers for my sliding glass doors. I contacted the manufacturer - Custom Window Systems in Ocala, FL. They claim to have never used the particular keeper on my doors. I built this house and am sure they provided the doors. In any case, the keeper is large - 4" long. I cannot use a shorter replacement because there is a cut-out in the metal on the door jamb where shorter keeper screws would be placed.
Do you carry a product I could use?
Thank you for your reply.
User submitted a photo of a patio door keeper.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Check out our 89-003. I know it's not as long as yours, but it may still work. Carefully look it over and let me know what you think.
A home owner from Tampa, Florida says:
Thank you for your reply. No, I'm sure it won't work. The added problem with the 2" long cut-out underneath the keeper means screws cannot be placed to hold this shorter keeper. Screws must be no closer than 2 1/2" on center in order to screw into the jamb. The 89-003 is only 2 5/8" long overall. I thought I might have a local company die cast some for me, but the cost is prohibitive. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you again for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find a keeper that is 4" long like yours. In fact, I've never seen anything like that. The only thing I can suggest is maybe getting a small metal plate at a local hardware store, mounting it where you place a keeper, and then installing one of ours over it. Even then, I cannot guarantee that it will work. I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
A professional from California says:
I would take a closer look at 89-006.
If it fits the opening, he could either cut off the alignment pin, or drill a hole in the door to accept it.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.