Sliding Glass Door Lockset & Handle

A contractor from Maryland says:
Hi there -

I am looking for a sliding glass door handle that will accommodate a 1-3/8" wide door. The screws are 3-15/16" center to center. The cut out for the latch to come through the front of the door is 7/16" x 1-1/2".

The tricky part is that my client wants to be able to lock it with a key from the inside. They don't want anyone to be able to unlock the door from the outside but they don't care if the outside also has a keyhole or just a solid plate.

They don't care if the handle looks like the existing one - it can be any color, any shape, any material. The only thing they care about is the ability to lock it with a key from the inside and not be able to unlock it from the outside.

Are there any products you can recommend that would work for this situation?

Thank you!

Judy H.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2008.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2010.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2009.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Judy. Take a look at our 82-003 or 82-055 Handle Set. See which has dimensions that better match your old hardware. Let us know what you think.

A contractor from Maryland says:
Thanks! it looks like only the 82-003 has a companion key lock but the door I have is wider than 1 inch so I don't think that's going to fit.

Is there a keyed lock that's compatible with the 82-055 handle? If so, can that cylinder be installed so the key mechanism is on the inside of the door and so there's nothing that would allow the door to be unlocked from the outside?

Thanks again,

Judy
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

We do offer the keyed version of the 82-055 which is the 82-055K is that what you may be looking for. Take a look and let us know what you think. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.