Sliding Patio Door Handle

A contractor from Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada says:

Sliding glass patio door handle with double lock. Would you have something like this? I believe the screw hole spacing is 3 15/16.

Regard's

Derrick

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Derrick. We unfortunately don't sell anything with a double lock like this. I've actually never seen anything like this before. Can you tell me what the function of the bottom lock is?

I'm wondering if one of our handle sets can still work for this door regardless of the lower lock. One way to confirm is to see your mortise out of the door. I can't make any promises, but it would give me a better idea of what you're working with and whether it's something we can get around.

A contractor from Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada says:
I haven't seen anything like this before either. It has two mortise locks, one on top of the other, hence the reason for the two locks. We may have to eliminate the lower one.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That really is something weird. I'm sorry that we don't have any more information for you. You could try contacting the original manufacturer, if you can find their name on the AAMA sticker.

If you do intend to eliminate the bottom mortise, then I think our best option is the 82-030 handle set. This is designed to work with more standard mortise locks like the 82-218, 82-227, 82-239 and other, similar flat-slot assemblies.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.