Sliding Patio Door Latch

A home owner from Maryland says:
The lever on this sliding door latch does not stay on - see attached/detached pictures. I am looking for options to either replace the lever or the entire lock. If replacing the lock, ideally one with a low profile exterior handle would be preferred as there is not a lot of width between the door and the exterior screen which has a latch on the inside as well (see the latch catch picture).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lever Detached.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lever Attached.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch Catch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch Lever.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thanks for writing in. You should be able to use our 82-107 to replace your latch lever. Alternately, if you would like to replace the whole handle set, consider our 82-086. Your mortise lock appears to be a match for our 82-218.

Thanks, it looks like the latch lever might do the trick, but is currently showing as out of stock.

Are there other handle sets besides the 82-086 that would be viable if I decided to go that route?
Profile picture of Casey

I apologize for that inconvenience. We're still waiting to hear back on an ETA for the 82-107. In the meantime, I recommend adding yourself to the auto-notification list so that you can be notified as soon as the part is back in stock. As far as alternative handle sets, we do have the 82-089, which is the keyless version. These are the best replacement options because of the offset placement of the latch lever. 

Thanks, I've added myself to the auto-notification list.
Profile picture of Casey

It's my pleasure. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.