Not seeing anything in the catalog that resembles this lock/latch
Any advice would be appreciated
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200601_093423_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0280.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0279.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0281.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that we don't have anything like this. Can you tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center? Can you also show me what this lock actually locks into to secure the window? I can't make out how it works from your photos.

A handy person from California says:
Holes are 1 1/2" center to center
I don't have a picture of the recieving portion of the window, but my technician told me its just a notch cut into window sash
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! I thought that might have been how it worked, I just wanted you to confirm. I can tell you right off the bat that we don't have anything like this at the moment, but we will do our best to track down a usable substitute. Please bear with us a little longer.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Believe it or not, I recognize this old lock. This was used on C & P windows but is no longer available. It's just too old.

That being said, we have a few that may work as a substitute if you're handy enough to adapt them. Take a look at the 90-005 sweep lock, as well as the spring loaded types like the 90-023, 90-240 or 90-050.

A handy person from California says:
@ Dave Sr,
Thanks, I was looking at those thinking the same thing. I think I will order some and give them a shot. Thanks everyone for your input.

A handy person from SF says:
I had the same latches and 90-023 worked fir me, thanks!
https://www.swisco.com/Window-Lock/pd/Hung_Sliding-Window-Replacement-Latches/90-023
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.