Sliding closet door track

A home owner from Los Angeles says:
Hi,

I have a 3 panel sliding mirrored closet door that has 2 tracks. I would like to add another track so that each door is on its own track, allowing me to stack all 3 doors and have a wider opening.

I've been unable to find a triple-track or a single-track, so am considering having a double-track cut down the middle and installed next to the existing double-track.

I believe I've identified the track that matches mine on your website, but would appreciate if you could confirm that. I believe the bottom track is part #23-242, and the top track is #23-246. The combined length of the doors is 130" so I would have to buy 2 72" tracks and have the length cut down, and butt them against each other.

Could you please confirm if the above parts match the parts in the photos I've attached? Also, do you have a better solution?

Thanks very much,
Karen
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Karen! I'm afraid your pictures didn't come in. Could you try uploading them again? However, as long as your wheels are convex, and as long as the track spacing matches what we show for the 23-242, I think you could be good to go.
A quick learner from Los angeles says:
Hi Tom,
I've attached the pictures again. Please let me know if they came through this time.
Thanks,
Karen
User submitted photos of closet hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect, thank you! I agree, the two tracks you picked out look like good matches. We don't have them in the length you need, so butting two shorter lengths together would be your only option. The 23-246 is also not available in white but it can be spray painted.

As for cutting a track in half length-wise to act as a third rail, I can't comment on how well that may work. I've actually never seen that before. It could work, but usually when we're presented with the issue of a third rail we just install two tracks side by side and eschew the fourth rail.
A quick learner from Los angeles says:
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your response again. I'm pretty sure we've identified the correct track. However, I measured and unfortunately I don't have room to install another double track next to the existing one in the closet. I would need to add a single track, or take the existing one out and add a triple track. Do you sell either of these? I don't see it on your website.
Thanks much!
Karen
Profile picture of Tom
Unfortunately, we do not. We only sell double tracks. I'm not sure if anyone even makes triple or single tracks like this, to be honest.
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.