Sliding closet doors

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Based on your dimensions, our 23-043 seems like a good match but make sure to compare the dimensions on our product page to yours to confirm. Though it's not a requirement, if you want to stick with steel wheels you can purchase the 82-226 81-266 roller and axel kit to switch out the nylon wheel that comes with the 23-043. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

A handy person from California says:

I ordered these 1-1/4 steel sliders from you guys but it doesn't fit.

I tried to bend the tabs to fit in the channel but to no avail.

I measured the channel on the door frame with calipers and it's

15/16" width

1-1/8" tall

The wheels are 1-1/4

The doors are mirrored doors about 8" high so I assumed I had to stick with steel wheels.

Can I order 3 of what you think is the correct size and return the old ones to you guys? I bent one to try to get it to fit so I guess I'll eat it on that one.

Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 74379CF9-93BD-4014-BE29-A8FD554DEB58.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9D76C6E1-2B25-46D5-87F4-6BEF734FE5C8.jpeg
A handy person from California says:
That axel kit shows a mortise lock

I will try the nylon wheels if you think the weight won't be an issue with nylon wheels.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Sorry, that was a typo on my part! I meant to recommend the 82-266.

Door weight could be an issue, but both the nylon and steel wheels are meant to perform the same job. I think it will be okay, but steel wheels are stronger and last longer.

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.