Sliding closet tracks

A handy person from Redlands, CA says:
I need to replace my sliding closet door tracks. The track are at least 20 years old. The doors have mirrors on them and are 4 feet wide by 8 feet tall. Because the tracks are so grooved and uneven the doors come of the track often and just make it worse.

I am wondering if the 80-102 track toppers are strong enough for this type of repair, or should I just replace the tracks with 80-106. The total length I would need is 12 feet and I would need two tracks. The track that would be removed is 3 inches in width so I would have room to put two 80-106 side by side. The current rails are 1.25 inches apart.

I have attached pictures so that you can see the track.

I would appreciate your assistance on what would be the best product to get the doors running smoothly again.

Thank You
A customer submitted photo of a door track.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe that the track cover will work in your case. You could be correct in using the 80-106 Sliding Glass Door Track and install them side by side on a length of wood. I'd recommend a 1 x 4 piece of wood to use as a base.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.