Sliding door bottom tracks

Contractor from Los Angeles, CA
Nov 6, 2023 12:38 am
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me find a replacement bottom track for my sliding glass / mirror doors.

Overall width of the track is 3". The raised portions on which the convex wheels roll are 1 ?" apart.

I need a span of 71", 60", and 70 1/2"

Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions.
IMG_9552
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Nov 6, 2023 2:54 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

You mentioned that you have convex roller wheels but it looks like your track may be used with concave roller wheels. If so, take a look at the 59" long 23-271 and 71" long 23-272. We do not carry a 70-1/2" length option but they can be cut to size using something like the 75-023A hacksaw. Feel free to get back to us with photos of the wheels used with your track to confirm if these tracks would be compatible. Thank you! 

Profile view of bottom concave roller track
Profile view of bottom concave roller track

Contractor from Los Angeles, CA
Nov 6, 2023 11:59 pm
Hello Casey, thank you!

You're right. The wheels are concave, not convex (I had the right image in my mind but used the wrong word).

Also, it got lost in html, but the width between the two tracks is 1 5/8 inches. The one you posted is very close at 1 23/32 so I'll likely give these a buy.

You made your company proud by even providing a link to a hacksaw. Fortunately, I have one of those already ;-)
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Nov 7, 2023 8:37 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great, I'm glad that we were able to locate our best replacement options for your repair and we appreciate your kind words. We do not carry a version of these tracks with exactly 1-5/8" distance between the rails but it may be fine since you'll have a bit more space for the doors to pass each other. If you decide to give them a try and run into any issues, our return policy can be found here. Just keep in mind that they would not be able to be returned once they are cut down to size. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts