Sliding door exterior keyed handle

A quick learner from united states says:
Hello,

I am looking for a replacement handle for a fairly old sliding door. I need it to include a keyed lock from the exterior.

I tried using a handle very similar to your product #82-306 (see attached photos), but it failed to work after a few weeks of use ~~ the older interior handle and locking mechanism started falling apart with the introduction of the newer keyed exterior handle. Also, the proximity of the keyhole to the exterior door frame makes it very awkward to turn the key (my hand bumps into the frame).

Any suggestions on a better alternative? Ideally I'd like to get something that replaces both the interior + exterior handles, rather than just one half of the equation. The distance between the screw holes is 3 7/8" and the door frame is approximately 1" thick.

Thank you,
Natalie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1055.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1056.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1057.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1058.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Natalie. Sorry to hear the 82-306 isn't working for you. Your handle set is an older version of the 82-063. Now, we don't sell an exterior key lock for this handle set, but the 82-306 we think might work with this new handle set; we haven't tested it, so I can't guarantee it, but it's our best bet. Take a look and see what you think. 

How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.