Sliding door handle

A home owner from Belle Mead says:
Our sliding door is difficult to close from the outside because it only has a flush mount handle. It is a DNS with a screw hole spacing of 6-9/16". Ideally I would just like an inexpensive outside handle. I have pictures but I cannot paste them in your message.

Cheers

Nick
User submitted photos of a sliding door handle.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Nick, thanks for posting. Take a look at our 82-008 Daryl patio sliding door handle and, if you were also interested in a pull, our 88-002. Does this hardware look good to you?
A handy person from New Jersey says:
Hi Donna,

No this is not what I want. I want to have a pull handle like 88-002 on the inside and the outside.

I have found some like this in other types of locks but not in a flush mount style. I am looking for something like your 82-036 but in a flush mount. Full size pulls on both sides of the door.

Cheers,

Nick
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, the 82-008 can't accommodate a pull on the outside. These lock sets are also very particular, and you can't use something like the 82-036 as a replacement.

I had a similar discussion earlier today with this same kind of problem. If your door is difficult to close, then it's likely that the rollers or track are the problem, not the handle. Take a look to see what condition the rolling hardware is in and see if that might be the issue.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.