Sliding door lock problem

A quick learner from Havertown, PA says:
We have an issue with a sliding door lock showing 7700A on wall side. The Metal prong that pushes the flexible locking button is loose and makes closing difficult, requiring pushing prong to lock door. Do I need to replace the whole lock or Is there a fix for the loose prong.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
May we see some photos of the lock in question? That may help us find the match you need. Thanks!
A home owner from Havertown,Pa says:
Please see attached images, let me know if you Need More, thanks

I measured wall side lock plate with prong, it is 5 1/4" long. Door lock plate is 4 1/2 long. I hope that helps
User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! It looks like you are looking for the old Andersen strike plate. They replaced this, and the old mortise lock, with the complete 82-037 set. You should still be able to re-use your thumb lever. This is a match for our 82-241 and I don't believe has changed over the years.
A home owner from Havertown pa says:
Does your option have prong or is it
a different mechanism. Is it easy to replace
Or requires some expertise. Otherwise, I appreciate your
Help and would like to order
Profile picture of Paul
I'm not sure what you mean when you say prong. Which part of the lock is that? I personally don't think it's difficult to install and it comes with directions. You also need to make sure to use the new keeper that comes with the mortise lock, since the old keeper won't work with the new lock.
A quick learner from Havertown says:
Looking at the third image, towards bottom above lower
screw is a metal piece that is loose. It pushes in the opposite
Metal button to allow the door to close all the way, currently we
Have to push the metal piece to align with button.
Profile picture of Paul
Oh, I see. Yes, the 82-037 has a similar mechanism, though I'm not sure if it's identical. You can see it in the pictures we show on its store page.
A quick learner from Havertown says:
Placed order today, thanks for your help
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.