Sliding door locks

A landlord from Apartment unit says:

I am looking into changing a standard interior-locking-only sliding door, to one where you can lock it with a key from the outside. (We have several apartment units that needed to be changed in this manner).

From some of the QnA's I've read on this site it seems that you need to know what kind of rollers my doors have? How would I find that out? I'm a bit unfamiliar with it all.

I did take a brief picture of the current door handle if it would help in any way.

Thank you so much and have a great day!
User submitted a photo of a patio door lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! If all you want is an keyed exterior handle, then check out our 82-306 and see if you think you can use this for your existing handle set.
A landlord from St. Louis, MO says:
Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for the reply! My only question is: My current exterior door handle has a height of 6 1/2in, whereas 83-306 has a height of 7 3/8" . The screws on my lock would line up with 83-306, but will the height difference present any problem? Will this be a problem?

Thanks! Matthew
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Matthew. The height really shouldn't cause any problems. The most important measurement is the installation holes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)