Sliding door rollers

A home owner from Gilbertsville, pa says:
Need to replace rollers. What rollers do I purchase? Also how do I remove the rollers? Looks like a screw from above holds roller in place and you would have to remove the glass to get roller off. The door was installed in 2001 in Ocean city, New Jersey.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. From your photos it looks like the 81-157 may work for you. Take a look at this and compare. If you are unsure send us some measurements and dimensions so we can further assist you in finding the right part.
A home owner from Gilbertsville,Pa says:
The 81-157 roller looks similar to mine. Both have a machine thread at the top. How do I remove the roller if it is attached with the machine thread? Do I have to remove the glass to access the top of the tread to remove the roller?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have a vinyl door, where the roller is normally screwed in from underneath towards the glass. If not, then I don't believe your sliding door frame comes apart. It would be welded together. If so, you will need to remove the glass to get to the screw head.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)