Sliding glass door

A quick learner from Kerrville says:
I have purchased a Ply Gem builder series 4880 double sliding glass door....didn't come with keyed cylinder, only an inside thumb turn lock. 1) Does Swisco offer a keyed cylinder lock that fits in the exterior pull. The pull is 1 3/8" deep and has a 5/8" punch out hole that looks like it is made for a cylinder. I can send photos if you wish. 2) I would like to fix the second slider panel in place without a handle, but there are factory drilled holes (4" apart) in the frame to receive a handle. Is there a coverplate available? (dark bronze) that could be attached inside and out? Your comments are appreciated.

Gary
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe you can use our 82-310 key cylinder on your handle set. You will need to drill or punch out the hole in the out side handle to fit the cylinder head, and will likely need to cut the tail piece to fit the thickness of your door. Take a look at some of the related videos on the right side of this page, you may find them helpful. As for the pre-drilled holes in your in active door I would suggest using through bolts (also known as sex bolts) to fill in the pre-drilled holes. You should be able to get them at a local hardware store in your area.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.