Sliding glass door exterior key lock

A quick learner from Westport, CT says:

Hi,

I have an older Anderson sliding glass door. The attached photo of the series number isn't very legible but it's a 1991 series. Looking at the door from the exterior, it opens to the left.

I want to add a keyed lock to the exterior handle. What is the appropriate part number for the exterior lock? I assume that I will need an exterior handle with punch-outs for the lock. Please advise. This is not my area of expertise so I look to you to make sure that I have all parts necessary.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

best,

Russ 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5567.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5568.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5571.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at either our 82-316 left-hand lock or 82-317 right-hand lock. Both of these are meant for Andersen door locks like yours. Handing is determined from the outside looking in. Thanks for posting!

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.