Sliding glass door handle

A quick learner from Alabama says:
Need a replacement
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1725C552-5E7E-4760-879E-076BF89FAF72.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F91D63C6-6075-446C-AA1A-26AED8C34DD5.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There are a couple different possible replacements for your lockset, but I'm not sure what to recommend. Can you show me a picture of the mortise that your handle interacts with? Can you also tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center? That will allow me to confirm which handle in our inventory can work on your door without needing any complex adaptation.

4" from center to center
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8B302780-B612-432C-B50A-46120F492D62.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! I recommend the 82-003 handle set. I think yours may just be an older style of this product. Look it over and let me know if you agree.

I purchased a replacement handle that looks exactly like the one you sent me. The spring came off in less than a week and the door will no longer lock. Poor design, nothing to keep the spring from sliding around and eventually popping off. Do you have one made similar to my old one? As you can see in the pic, this common sense design easily keeps the spring in place. 2 protruding notches for the spring to slide into that are of equal height to the sides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8B302780-B612-432C-B50A-46120F492D62.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C3046B48-0C32-493E-8338-2A6A28D2306D.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

This definitely shouldn't have happened. The spring is held in with tension against the flat part of the internal locking tooth. Once installed, the fact that the spring is pressed against the door frame means it shouldn't have been possible for it to jump out. 

I would recommend reinstalling it. It's possible the spring came loose on initial installation before it was fully secured to the door. If that still doesn't work, let us know and we can try to think of something else.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.