Sliding glass door handle

A home owner from USA says:
I have a sliding glass screen door that has 3.5 center holes I'm looking to replace the entire assembly both interior and exterior with something that has a lock and opens from the outside with a key. Can you please advise me what to get? I did look at the Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull Product Code: 82-306 but it doesn't seem complete. What else do I need? Please help, I'd be grateful.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I would be happy to help you find a matching handle, but I don't know what you have. Please take pictures of your existing hardware and then upload those pictures here for us to see. Thanks!
A quick learner from Chicago says:
I don't take possession of the apartment building till the 8/1. The existing sliding glass doors can only be locked from the inside. I need a 3.5 sliding glass door set that can be locked externally and if possible internally. I have measured it already and it is 3.5. Is there anything that may be universal? I was thinking of pairing 82-055 with 82-306 will that work?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. If the 82-055 will work for you, then why not just use our 82-055K? This comes with a key lock already.
A quick learner from Chicago says:
This will also open from the outside?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The 82-055K keyed patio door handle set unlocks/locks with the key on the exterior handle and unlocks/locks with a latch on the interior pull handle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)