Sliding glass door keyed entry

A handy person from WA says:
Looking to add a keyed cylinder lock to existing exterior handle. Only one punch out. Mortise is 45 degree. Something close to your 82-310. (Looks like other key locks and housing won't fit existing ext. handle.)

All measurements and details available in photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mortice Latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Ext handle and mortise locked.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Interior handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior Hndl w:insert.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SLG EXT Prof.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The 82-310 normally works fine with outside pulls like this. But it has a diameter of 5/8", and so I'm not entirely convinced it will fit the 'bracket' piece that comes with your outside pull. Another possibility is to purchase a new outside pull, our 82-044, and adapt the 82-315 Key Lock & Housing to this pull. We have a video that illustrates this process.

A handy person from WA says:
Installed an E-2103 per instructions and everything works fine! There was some confusion on my part in the beginning because someone had told me that since I had a 45 degree mortise lock, I needed a 45 degree cylinder lock? (Different tail design?)

This turned out not to be true as there is enough "play" in the cylinder tail it line up with the slot in the mortise lock easily.

A lot of other options would have been a lot more complicated and more costly.

Went with the E-2103 because I might want to re-key this to match other existing Schlage locks someday.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good. We are happy to hear your feedback. Please think of us again for a future project. 

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.