Sliding glass door locking handles

A home owner from Minnesota says:
So does it matter if my handle does not extend out to 21/2"? Does that handle set include everything? Both handles, keys etc?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

As long as there is nothing on the inside of your house that would interfere with the handle, it won't really matter how far it sticks out. As for included hardware, the 82-020 set only comes with the interior handle, exterior handle, screws, and thumb lever. The key lock is not included.

A home owner from Minnesota says:
What is that part number. Will I then have everything I need to replace it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You can see two compatible key locks on the 82-020 store page under "Related Item(s)." The first is the 82-306, which is a complete exterior pull plus key lock. The second is the 82-310, which is just the key lock by itself. Either will work with the 82-020, but buying the key lock by itself would require making your own punch out in the exterior pull. For the 82-306, this punch out is already made for you, which is the trade off.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.