Sliding glass door mortise

A quick learner from Nevada says:
Hi
I am trying to replace the mortise latch for my sliding glass door. The door has a metal plate and I cannot fit the mortise latch in position. I bought a PLPCI 45 degree E2014 adjustable latch with no luck. Any suggestions? The door did not have a latch when I bought the house in 2008. I have attached a picture of the sticker on sliding door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EE1FDF81-EF31-459F-A818-70B774665A67.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4351D993-5275-4F9D-8310-3AF4F8591544.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what mortise lock you need, unfortunately. Your photos don't indicate what it would have been. Can you show me a picture of the hole where the mortise goes? Can you also tell me the size of that hole, and the distance between the two screw holes on either end?

Hello again.
I attached some pics and measurements for you to see if it can be determined what I might need to fix the mortise lock on my sliding door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0408A0CF-63FE-41A4-9CE5-C311F266272B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ACF3985B-C3D7-4679-901F-96FB022F18EC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 075597A3-C540-4CE0-B3E6-4DBA51DA82D2.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I believe you might need the 82-218. Review the dimensions on its product page and see if this looks right. The video below shows how to install this mortise lock. 

Thanks Tom!
I will give it a shot when I get the part and let you know.
The inner metal plate, on the door seems to be a mystery as I haven't seen this feature on any DIY tutorials I've looked at.
Wish me luck.
Patty
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.