Sliding glass door rollers

A quick learner from Utah says:
It appears that you only have one roller that looks like this roller. Mine has plastic rollers and yours has steal rollers. Are steal rollers better?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door roller 001.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks similar to our 81-087 roller, which should work for you as long as the housing dimensions match up.

You also asked about whether steel rollers are better. That's a somewhat complex question, and the answer is "sorta." There are pros and cons to each. Steel wheels are certainly stronger than nylon wheels, so if your door is heavy then they would be better. However steel wheels can also be a little rougher on the track over the years. Nylon tracks are a lot kinder to the track but obviously aren't as strong and will break more quickly. It's ultimately up to you which is a bigger concern.

A handy person from Ballston Lake NY says:

Has anyone been able to cross reference roller part #11-1935-6876 yet?

I have a SilverLine v1 series 5500/5700 gliding patio door installed in 2016 that needs a new set of rollers.

The procedure to replace requires both panels (stationary and operator) be removed and it is still cold here in the Albany area.

To contemplate doing this procedure twice, once to pull and identify the rollers, and once to install new rollers when they arrive, is a bit daunting.

Ideally, I would have the parts in hand and do the process once.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I totally understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, my records have no information on the #11-1935-6876 and at this stage I have no idea what you might have.

In my experience, removing the old rollers is the only way to know for sure what you need to buy. You are absolutely right in thinking that it's a daunting task: it is. It takes at least two pair of hands and half your weekend just to get a door working properly. 

But that is the only way. This is not a one-and-done kind of project, unfortunately. You will need to plan ahead of time for the effort and time it will take to complete it. You should also take into account any complications that may arise; trust me, you'll be thankful you did. Best case scenario is nothing goes wrong and it's easier than you thought.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.