Sliding glass door wheels, circa 1963

A quick learner from Sarasota FL says:
Aluminum screw sheared off this carrage. 1.5" wheels on inside concave. I can replace screw...do u have a better replacement carriage? Its held in place by a steel dowel. If not, need 4 wheels. Dowel pressed in as well on wheels. No to nylon wheels.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200404_120319.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200404_120328_002.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200404_120329.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. I am going to forward your inquiry over to our senior experts for review. They will reach out to you once they are completed. We thank you in advance for your continued patience with us during this time. 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I believe you could drill out that broken screw. What I've done in the past is use an "easy out." You want to hole into the broken screw, then tap in the easy out and use a tap wrench or set of pliers to turn it out. I have also just drilled out the broken screw and recapped the hole. In either case, if you can remove the broken adjustment screw you could use the 81-272 roller kit to just replace the wheel.

How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.