Sliding padio door lock

A handy person from Colorado, USA says:

I have an older sliding glass padio door and the lock assy fell apart on. I found a close match but the problem is it will only work on doors up to 1-1/4 inch thick and this door is 1-1/2 inch thick. Do you have anything that will work for this door?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coots1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coots 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coots 5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coots 7.jpg
Here are some additional photos. Also the mounting holes are 6-5/8 inch spacing
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coots 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coots 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coots 6.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We carry three handle sets that are similar to the assembly shown in your photos, which we've related for you to review. Unfortunately, we can't be sure if one of them might work since the locking hook is missing from your handle set. The orientation and placement of the locking hook is an important detail when choosing a replacement for this kind of handle, as well as the distance between the installation holes.  

Also, please note that you would most likely need to reuse your original installation screws since this type of handle is not normally used for doors as thick as yours. Take a look and see what you think. 

So the 82-002 is the correct one but it is on a 1-1/2 inch door with a lock cylinder
Profile picture of Casey

We also offer the 82-002K keyed version of this handle set. As we mentioned, they come with installation screws to accommodate up to 1-1/8" thick doors, so you would need to reuse your original installation screws. Thank you. 

As I stated before I need this for a 1-1/2 thick door. NOT a 1 to 1-1/8"
Please help me locate one that will fit a 1-1/2" door please.
Profile picture of Casey

As stated in our previous recommendations, you would need to reuse your original installation screws since we do not carry a version of this handle set for 1-1/2" thick doors. I'm sorry that we can't provide a replacement handle set with screws to accommodate your door thickness but these would be our best replacement options at this time. 

So the problem is not the screws, as I already have this door lock Assyria. The problem is the lock cylinder does not make contact with the internal works to make this an operational system and that was why I was reaching outto you folks to see if you had something that souls work for the added door thickness to make the locking potion work?
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for clarifying the problem for us. Unfortunately, we do not carry a key lock with a longer spindle to accommodate your door thickness. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.