Sliding patio screen door upper hanger roller

A home owner from Huntington Beach, California says:

Hello Swisco:

Got another one for you. Could not locate this part at Ace, Home Depot, or Lowes. You guys helped me on the last hard to find door part hopefully you can work your magic on this one.

• Patio Screen Door upper roller Circa 1960s
  • 2 7/8" Long
  • 1 inch wide
  • 1 inch ball bearing roller (railroad track style)
  • (Hangs on upper rail of patio door track)
  • Not sure the measurement of the slight offset but very close to 3/8" just under 1/4"

Appreciate your time in researching this for me.

Thank you,

Richard

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E52A0D19-71E0-4C49-86AA-1F8A8E9D948A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D1A1DADB-DA0D-4622-955C-8707C1781525.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3C90CD73-2864-4EAD-931B-1EFFDAE9C145.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Richard. I'm afraid that we couldn't find anything like this. I'm afraid it's just a bit too old. I did have a bit of a wild idea, though. I wonder if you could maybe use a closet door roller like our 23-154, but remove the original wheel and install something like our 84-017 on the other side.

Now, I obviously can't guarantee this will work, but the design of the bracket and wheel I mentioned are similar enough that it may be worth considering. Look them over and let me know what you think.

A home owner from Huntington Beach, California says:
I will purchase 1 unit. But, is the wheel removable on this one to change out to the 1" wheel? Also, the diameter of the track looks too wide and the offset is too much so it would have to be hammered to 7/8".
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The wheel isn't made to be removable, unfortunately. You'd have to drill it off. If you don't think it will work, or if you think it'll be too much effort, then I wouldn't try it. Like I mentioned, it's a gamble. I'm afraid we just don't have a better option.

How to install the 84-017 screen door roller assembly
How to install the 84-017 screen door roller assembly
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.