Sliding screen door handle

A handy person from Manchester, MA says:
This part is made of a black plastic. There are (2) 3/16' dia. holes for attaching. The part is 4" lg. x 1/2' wide x 3/4' high x 3/32" thick.high.

The upstanding portion can be more than 3/4" high. He holes are about 3-7/16" on center.

I can drill holes in anything that closely matches.

I've looked everywhere for this replacement, and would buy at least (2)

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1694BD8F-1215-4772-B693-3EF3B430C4AC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 775F1E10-A7BC-46F8-9520-9EEB204E0FFA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that I don't recognize this screen door handle, though we have a couple that are similar in concept. Before I recommend anything, could you also show me the other parts of the screen door handle assembly, if there are any? Things like the handle on the other side of the door and any latching mechanism.

In the meantime, I'll try my best to find a good match. A hole center spacing of 3-7/16" is also a little peculiar but we'll see what we can do.

A handy person from Manchester, MA says:
I appreciate your quick response.

As you cab see from the photos the outside handle is subject to failure at the point of attachment to the screen door.

The inside mechanism including the inside handle is pop-riveted to the door. I suppose I could drill out the rivets and install a new handle. Both inside and outside parts do not line up since they're not interconnected. So I suppose I could replace everything. Only issue is how to cover the screw holes left.

Best,

JimD
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2340.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2342.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2343.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2344.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a handle with the same hole spacing, either. The best options we were able to find were our 83-034 and 84-223. These aren't  exactly the same and so they obviously aren't ideal, especially given the circumstances you described. However I wasn't able to find a better match.

Another part to consider is our surface mounted 83-006. This would install on the front of the screen and may serve as a last ditch emergency option.

Sorry we couldn't get you anything closer.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.