Mirage sliding screen door needs a 90 degree latch

A handy person from San Diego says:

Don't have any Identifying marks. Haven't been able to take them off to inspect. Latch must work at 90 degrees. (Right angle). I've seen many of these on Mirage screen doors, but Mirage says they don't have them.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 93277260-CC6B-4F79-8AF0-579E0D787BF5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B127991C-3A08-4BA2-9E9C-D1FAA25B450A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DA580B79-79FE-4DF9-BE49-C4CF57A4764E.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your latch resembles a lock used for hung windows, which is a bit out of the ordinary but we may have something that would work for your application. To get started, we would need you to write out the exact distance between the center of the installation holes in your lock to compare to our inventory. Thank you. 

The screen door has no holes. It does not have a lock. Any latch that could fasten at 90 degrees would be acceptable. I will drill holes in the door to attach the sweep and drill holes in the frame to attach the catch.
I was looking at Pella parts and they have a recessed keeper that looks similar to the picture I sent. Just not recessed into the frame. Maybe I need to buy separate parts.
Pella #90-282
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I understand that you are willing to drill new holes but it will make the replacement process much easier if the new installation holes match the original lock shown in your photos. With that being said, I would recommend starting by reviewing the specifications shown on the 90-161 and 90-077C product pages to see if one of these options could work for your application. I also agree that the 90-282 would be the best match for your original keeper depending on how the dimensions compare to yours. 

I can't tell from the specifications if the locks 90-161 and 90-077C would work. The lock needs a "talon" type sweep. (as in the original photo) I assume if the holes were the same as the Recessed Keeper 90-282 they might line up.
If you can find a latch that will work with the Pella 90-282 Recessed Keeper I will buy a few sets. Please let me know what colors are available.
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Casey isn't here today but I will do my best to assist you.

Based on the original information and photos, I agree that our 90-161 and 90-077C are our best options. Both locks are compatible with the 90-282 keeper, so there's no issue there.

The 90-077C and 90-282 are only available in white, while the 90-161 has both a white and dark bronze finish.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.