Sliding screen door wheel assembly replacement

A home owner from Mesa, Arizona says:
Trying to replace a wheel assembly on a sliding screen door. The spring was broken and I did damage the 1 inch diameter nylon wheel during removal. The critical dimension is the 5/16" thickness of the assembly. I've tried a 3/8" thick assembly but it will not fit. I don't see any 5/16" thick assemblies in your inventory. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there. I am afraid the scree roller replacements are no longer made with a 5/16" thickness. This issue has been brought to us many times before. In the past we have recommended to make the track a little wider to force the replacement in. But with that, the appearance of the track is not very pleasant and we still can't guarantee that would even work. 

That said, the closest match we have is our 84-091. Have a look. I would suggesting consulting with a local professional in your area before purchasing anything to see what your options are. I apologize we could not be of more help with this. Best of luck to you. 

How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.