Sliding window latch

A home owner from Seattle, WA says:
All markings are shown on my photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 144B7B90-8D42-44AD-BF12-80A6377D2CA6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CFE025B2-5860-4C53-A8D9-B4A97D965A0C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 366AA6D1-0330-451A-835A-51EF78568483.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't sell this exact lock but we may still be able to get you what you need. Before I recommend anything, can you first tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center?

Thank you. This latch is in the home of an elderly friend who lives some miles from me. It will take ma a couple of weeks to get back to her home again. I will take the requested measurement and get back to you as soon as I am able. Thank you for your help!
Profile picture of Tom

That's no problem at all, I totally understand. I'll be here whenever you need me.

Tom, the mounting screws in this latch are 2-1/16" apart, center-to-center. I appreciate your help with this.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! So, we don't have an exact match for this lock with a 2-1/16" hole spacing, but we do sell two products that are similar: the 90-161 and 90-278. The only difference between these is the offset of the holes; that is to say, the distance between the holes and the back, glass-facing edge of the lock. This measurement is 7/8" for the 90-161 and 11/16" for the 90-278

You can see more comprehensive measurements on their respective store pages, which I highly recommend reviewing before you place an order.

Tom, this is a tremendous help! I will need the version with the 11/16" edge set-back..

I am going to your site now to order a pair for the window in need. I really appreciate your help with this! ~james
Profile picture of Tom

You're most welcome, James. Please let me know how it works out! If it ends up not being an ideal replacement, you can also see our return policy here.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.