Slimfold Mirrored Bi-Fold Closet Door

A quick learner from Boynton Beach, Fl says:

The screw is stripped so I am unable to adjust any more. Please advise parts needed to fix.

Thanks,

Jim H.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1127.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! If the only problem is that the screw is stripped, you may be able to get away with just replacing that plastic retainer. See our 21-154 for a potential replacement part and let me know what you think!

I think that is what I need. Thanks for the help. Also, if you have a video on how to adjust the doors to stay closed that would be helpful. Haven't found on you tube anything that works.
Thanks again,
Jim
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jim. I'm afraid that we don't have a video for the issue you describe, but I'll do my best to walk you through it.

First, remove the door from the track and lay it down on a stable surface. Loosen the screw in the 21-154 rod clamp and push the pin down while working the speed nut from the door frame. 

Once removed, remove the locking spring from the 21-001 pivot pin and slide the new pin up into the door, locking it with the bottom speed nut. 

Install the door on the track and adjust the 21-001, adjusting the pin until the door is squared and slides smoothly. Then tighten the screw on the 21-154 rod clamp and install the locking spring on top.

Let me know if you need clarification on any of these points.

Thanks for the suggestion. When I receive the parts I ordered I will see if that helps.
Jim
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good to me! We're here to help if you need us.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.