Slimfold Model "E" Metal Bifold Door Pin and Cap

A quick learner from Florida says:
I have several Slimfold Model "E" bifold doors that need replacement parts. The specific parts are the pivot pins and plastic caps. The doors should be from around 1985. The pins are 3/16" diameter on the end cap end, 1/4" pin diameter, and 6 3/8" long. What part numbers do I need for replacement? The pins, sleeves, and springs are in good condition. Can I just replace the end caps? If so, is it just a simple matter of removing the old end caps and snapping the new ones on the existing pins? Thanks
User submitted a photo of a bi-fold door pivot pin.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your Slimfold guide pin resembles our 21-007. If you just want the cap by itself, see our 21-105 instead. You would knock off the old cap and tap on the new cap. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)