Slimfold door parts

A quick learner from Oak Park, IL says:
Hello,
Based on posting/pictures already on your site I have identified the bifold doors in my house as old style Slimfold. But I had some questions about the parts I need. Want to replace all the pins and brackets. Are the pins and brackets on the top same as bottom ? That is the pivot pins, guide pins and the brackets. Another question. Can I buy the nylon caps that would go on top of the pins separately?

Also I have a non standard opening of 84". Do you have tracks in that length? If not can I install two 42" length tracks instead?

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I've made a list of relevant parts for you, which you can see on the right side of this page. I will do my best to explain what's necessary.

We have a few different caps for the newer style system; the 21-105 for the guide pins (21-007), as well as the 21-007 and 21-106 caps for the bottom threaded pivot pin (21-001). You would use 21-001 pivot pin and three 21-007 guide pins for each folding door panel.

The 21-200 pivot bracket and 21-277 bumper are the same for both the top and bottom track. If you buy new tracks like the 21-404, they come with the pivot brackets and bumper already. You will need to cut the 48" track down to 42".
A quick learner says:
Thanks. I have ordered what I hope are the correct parts for the two doors that I need to take care of.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your business. Please let us know how it works out.
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.