Snap-in glazing, wood frame

A handy person from Chicago says:
We have wood frame windows wich use a snap-in glazing to retain the glass #55-030 very closely matches (within a 1/16. Any experience in this type of application?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 55-030 snap-in is used for aluminum window repair. I am not sure it will work on a wood window repair. Wood window glazing beads are often difficult to match up. Look again through out the snap-in catalog section or send us a photo of the snap-in you are trying to replace.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I am not familiar with this style of snap-in. I would like to do some more research and the window brand name would help. Do you know who manufactured your windows?
Here are 2 pics of the snapin I have; The internal spline is just a stop
Customer photo of their old snap-in.
Customer photo of their old snap-in - different angle.
Haven't seen a name yet - suggested places to look on the casing? Original windows from '77.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The problem with finding replacement snap-in for wood windows is that manufacturers of wood windows change their snap-in style many times throughout the years, while metal window manufacturers tend to stick to the same style snap-in. You may not be able to find the same exact style snap-in and may have to try a different style of wood window snap-in. Three popular wood window snap-in styles on SWISCO Web site are the 55-080, 55-106, and the 55-156.
A home owner from valp[araiso, indiana says:
I also have wooden windows which use the same snap-n glazing that you have. Did you find a solution to your problem? I need to replace thwe glazing on my windows. thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You may not be able to find the same style snap-in. Three popular wood window snap-in styles on SWISCO Web site are the 55-080, 55-106, and the 55-156.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.