Snap in latches

A handy person from Abeerdeen MD says:
I have several plastic snap in latches that need to be replaced. They are 2 3/8 X 3/8. I cannot source these locally albeit True Value does have this & it is very close, but the retracting\spring loaded guide pin that goes into the track of the window does not have a flat surface. It has a groove in it & I cannot get it to set in the track. Anyways see the PICS of the original latch & let me know if you have them on stock.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9177.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9178.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9179.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This tilt latch is very similar in style to our 26-393. The dimensions you gave seem to match, too. Look it over and let me know what you think!

A handy person from Abeerdeen MD says:
Yes minus one exception in that the guide pin on your product has a bump on the end increasing the width of the guide pin & it will not fit in my window track. I have this same product essentially from True Value & it does not fit!

Thanks,

Ty
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It looks to me like you have the original top tilt latches from the Silverline or American Craftsman 1200 Series window. The 26-393B might be better for this window. The nose is narrower than the 26-393. Please compare.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.