Special order

A home owner from Stuart florida says:
I have 6 Windows I need parts for. 2 Windows are 28 inch and I need the balances for those so 4 of them. I come up with part number S390-28. The sash weighs 25 lbs. the feet on my window are 1-1/8. So I need 4 of those balances.

I need the top caps....... 12 of them and I have part number 18-179. Please let me know if something doesn't look right here.

Now the special order is for 4 Windows. I need 8 balance that are 22 inch. Shoe size is 1-1/8 also but my problem is the sash weighs 36 lbs and you do not have them on here for that weight. They are also the 390 series. Can you please give me a part number to order them. I called and Jody could not help me with that.
I do have one sash that is totally foggy. Do you sell new sashes or is it best to try and find a window place that can replace glass.
Thank you for your help
Kathi
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I cannot confirm if the 18-179 will work or not. I cannot make out your top sash guide based on your pictures. I recommend getting an undamaged version and carefully comparing it to our pictures and measurements. That should tell you if they're the same size and style.

As for the 22" long balance, we could custom make you a special S390-22 balance with a 2170 option. This option can carry 34 through 37 pounds per balance pair. Does that sound good to you? I will email you a custom order link that you can use to add 8 of these to your cart. Keep an eye on your inbox!

As for the foggy glass, we cannot help with that personally, but a local glass shop should be able to replace the glass for you.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.