Spiral Bakance parts

A quick learner from Fairfield Ohio says:
Hi

I need 20 balances. I believe I need the series 300 ones. Mine are 21 inches long, 3/8 inches wide, red tip. My windows are non tilt single hung aluminum windows from the mid 70s. Windows are in good shape but none of them will stay up. My question is I don't see two of the parts I found. Below the plastic shoe or boot at the bottom was a small metal piece hanging off the end. Not all balances had them on there and I'm not sure where they go. The other piece is the metal piece that was attached to the side of the window frame that the shoe or boot went into. Not sure if that piece has been replaced by something newer. Any help would be appreciated before I order.

Thanks

Dave
User submitted a photo of window balance parts.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Dave, thank you for posting. Your window has been out of production for at least 35 years. From your photo, it does look like our S300-21, but with the smaller 15-020 shoe (see dimensions to confirm). Also see if your bottom sash clips look like our 17-014 and 17-015. If not, please send a photo of your bottom sash clips so we can identify them.

Regarding your balance fork, they been out of our inventory for around 15 of those 35 years and no one is manufacturing them anymore. The fork makes it easier to install, but to be honest you can just install the balances to the sash. After we confirm what parts you have, I will give you more detailed instructions.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.