Spiral Balance Alcoa Windows

A handy person from NJ says:
I need to identify what balance I can use to replace some faulty ones in an existing house i am renovating. If additional pictures are required, let me know.

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190327_130201.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190327_130152.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. We will need to the spiral balance removed from the window. You must measure both the length and diameter of the outer tube, not including the colored tip or spiral rod. Please also show us a picture of the colored tip and spiral rod up close. From there, we should be able to narrow down what you need. For more details, see the videos below. 

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Evan, thanks for getting back to me. I can't be 100% certain without seeing the colored tip myself, but it sounds like you need an S600-28 with a Blue Tip. The Blue Tip is meant to support a window sash in the weight range of 12 through 31 lbs. It should be okay to round up the length to 28". Take a look at the dimensions and specifications on the product page, and let us know what you think. 

A handy person from NJ says:

Hello,

I have the following information as follow up.

The outer tube is 27-7/8".

, the tip is blue and rhe diameter us 5/8".

If you could point me i. the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your follow up and help with this!

Evan

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.