Spiral Balance ID

A quick learner from Savannah, GA says:
I have two windows that need the spiral balancers and pivot shoes replaced.
On one the balancers are 17" in length and have a white tip.

On the other the balancers are 29" in length and have a black tip (bigger window).

On both sets the tube is white plastic and is actually a hair larger than 3/8".

Questions are Will the 900 series balancers work for me and what color tip for both windows?
Thank you in advance!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WIN_20190808_16_19_29_Pro.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid I can not answer your question at this time. We need for you to get back to us with more of an accurate measurement of the nylon tube. It should measure 3/8" or 5/8". Once you have done that, I am sure we can give a 100% of our input.

A quick learner from Savannah, GA says:
My apologies. Both balancers are 3/8".
The 29" balancer came from a window in which the sash weighs 17lbs. It currently has a black tip but according to your chart a red tip on the replacement balancer should work.

The 17" balancer came from a window in which the sash weighs 12 lbs. it currently has a white tip but should also work with a red tip replacement.

Do I need the series 600 or 900 and will the 15-045 pivot shoe work with these? Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for clarifying that information for us. It sound like you will need the S900-29 spiral balance with a red tip. As for the 15-045 pivot shoe, I do see that the part is a related item to the Series 900. I hope this has answered your question. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)