Spiral Balance Rubber Retainer

A home owner from New Jersey says:
I'm replacing some spiral balances, and I have a part that I would like to replace but I don't know what it's called. It's a rubber retainer that surrounds the bottom of the spiral balance tube, apparently to steady it. I'm not even sure I need it, since I haven't seen it in any replacement articles or videos. I'm uploading a picture.

Steve M.
User submitted photo of their spiral balance part.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It is called a sash support balance aligner. You would need to remove it from the window to get a good look at it, but it is possibly our 26-139 (in white).

If the 26-139 does not match up to yours, take a picture of it and submit it here for us to review.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)