Spiral Balance Shoe

A home owner from Clover, SC says:
I have 12 windows in need of 2 new spiral balance shoes each and I do not know the manufacturer of my windows - they were installed when the house was built in 2001.

I have included a picture of an existing operational shoe. I have also removed a bad one and measured it as follows -

2 3/32" tall x 31/32" wide x 19/32" thick and the pivot is 3/16" x 1/4" and the spiral balance is 3/8" with a black tip (I think - hard to tell if black or dark grey).

I did not see an exact match on the website. Do you have a spiral balance shoe that will work for my windows? At this time time I do not know if will need to replace any balances and I am not sure how to tell if they are bad also - any tips?

Thank you in advance,
David B.
A home owner from Clover, SC says:
I have added additional photos of the working balance shoes - left and right and a photo of the broken balance shoe I removed.
Spiral balance shoes
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your pivot shoe is no longer available. We suggest the 15-179 pivot shoe as a replacement. This may or may not work, but it's your best chance to repair the window.

You will need to replace your pivot bar at the same time as the shoe, because the old bar won't fit into 15-188. Please send a photo of your pivot bar, along with dimensions, and we will match those measurements for the new pivot shoe.

The 3/8" tilt balance will be our Series 900 spiral balance. We suggest using our charging tool to help adjust and install it the balance. Finally, look over our media guides for more help:
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)