Spiral Balance Tilting Window, Aluminum

A home owner from Ponte Vedra Beach FL says:

I need to replace the left plastic holder and the metal piece attached to the bottom

of the window that allows the window to swing down. The spring balance measures 3/8 inch with a red bottom and the length of the balance is 26", although the balance is in good condition. All the windows in the house are more than 25 years old but still function well. If I can get the above holder and metal piece I may want to replace them all. The aluminum window frames are taking a beating in the Florida climate.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191124_121206 (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191125_102458.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191125_110005.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191125_103150.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! Thanks for your patience during the holiday season. Your pivot bar looks a lot like our 26-041, which is made to be used with our 15-045 pivot shoe. Look these parts over and let me know if you agree.

If you also needed the spiral balance, see our S900-26. This is fully compatible with the parts I mentioned.

A home owner from Ponte Vedra Beach FL says:
Thanks, Tom. I ordered the parts from you and installed today. Had to grind a groove in the pivot shoe to clear the bottom spiral balance pin but otherwise everything fit perfectly.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great! Glad to hear everything worked out. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.